Welcome to the Urban Gardener
The Urban Gardener is an independent, fully-stocked garden center located in the historic North Side of Pittsburgh, with plenty of free street parking available.
We offer hundreds of varieties of rare and unusual -- as well as popular and long-loved -- perennials, bedding plants, small trees, evergreen and flowering shrubs, vines, bamboo ... and much more! Our constantly changing inventory is especially chosen to offer creative solutions to the particular challenges facing today's gardeners.
We also provide an array of services, including:
Our Garden Shop is filled with an array of items to enhance outdoor living including
- professional consulting and garden design services
- knowledgeable staff to assist you with planting and maintenance of your perennial garden
- our gardeners can also work side by side with you, teaching good gardening practices, plant identification and more
- design and planting of unusual and beautiful containers and planters for your window, porch or patio.
Our Tool Shed carries
- statuary and garden art
- garden globes and stands
- plant stands and trellises
- and much, much more.
- unusual gardening tools and equipment
- quality garden gloves
- organic fertilizers
- organic pest and disease controls
- organic soils and soil amendments
The Urban Gardener is also the place to go during the Christmas season for the most beautiful freshly-cut trees and fresh wreaths, garlands and greenery.
Be sure to click here to find out 'What's New! at The Urban Gardener.
Yes, it's true - after 18 years, we're ready to pass the baton:
For Investment Opportunities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening for the season SATURDAY APRIL 18th
April 18 - September 30:
Fall Hours - NOW CLOSED - OPEN BY APPOINT ONLY - EMAIL IS BEST TO CONTACT US NOW. WE STILL HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL TREES AND SHRUBS IN STOCK.
Christmas: November 27 - December 20 (or until the trees are gone!) OPEN FRI, SAT AND SUNDAYS ONLY, 11 AM TO 5 PM. EMAIL THE GREEN SPOT FOR PRE-ORDERING YOUR TREE.
The Urban Gardener
1901 Brighton Road -- North Side
Mail: 1409 Monterey St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212