| Welcome to the Urban Gardener
The Urban Gardener is an independent, fully-stocked garden center located in the historic North Side of Pittsburgh, with plenty of free street parking available.
We offer hundreds of varieties of rare and unusual -- as well as popular and long-loved -- perennials, bedding plants, small trees, evergreen and flowering shrubs, vines, bamboo ... and much more! Our constantly changing inventory is especially chosen to offer creative solutions to the particular challenges facing today's gardeners.
We also provide an array of services, including:
Our Garden Shop is filled with an array of items to enhance outdoor living including
- professional consulting and garden design services
- knowledgeable staff to assist you with planting and maintenance of your perennial garden
- our gardeners can also work side by side with you, teaching good gardening practices, plant identification and more
- design and planting of unusual and beautiful containers and planters for your window, porch or patio.
Our Tool Shed carries
- statuary and garden art
- garden globes and stands
- plant stands and trellises
- and much, much more.
The Urban Gardener is also the place to go during the Christmas season for the most beautiful freshly-cut trees and fresh wreaths, garlands and greenery.
- unusual gardening tools and equipment
- quality garden gloves
- organic fertilizers
- organic pest and disease controls
- organic soils and soil amendments
An ideal gift for any gardener you know would be an Urban Gardener Gift Card, which you can purchase in any amount. Simply stop in or phone us at 412-323-GROW.
Be sure to click here to find out 'What's New! at The Urban Gardener.
Guess what: We've been Gigapanned! Take a Virtual Tour of The Urban Gardener.
Sign up for our free newsletter!
For Investment Opportunities, email us at email@example.com.
Opening for the season SATURDAY APRIL 20st
April 20 - September 30:
Fall Hours - starting OCTOBER 1
LAST DAY : SUNDAY OCTOBER 13TH
Christmas: November 26 - December 18 (or until the trees are gone!)
Tuesday-Saturday: 12 pm- 6 pm
Sunday: 12 pm-4pm
The Urban Gardener
1901 Brighton Road -- North Side
Mail: 1409 Monterey St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212