Yes, it's true. After a fantastic 18 (!) years of being your Urban Gardener, it was time for us to hang up our Felco's at the end of the 2015 gardening season. Please see below under 'What's New" to learn the details and for our realtor contact information.
Welcome to the Urban Gardener
The Urban Gardener is an independent, fully-stocked garden center located in the historic North Side of Pittsburgh, with plenty of free street parking available.
We offer hundreds of varieties of rare and unusual -- as well as popular and long-loved -- perennials, bedding plants, small trees, evergreen and flowering shrubs, vines, bamboo ... and much more! Our constantly changing inventory is especially chosen to offer creative solutions to the particular challenges facing today's gardeners.
We also provide an array of services, including:
Our Garden Shop is filled with an array of items to enhance outdoor living including
- professional consulting and garden design services
- knowledgeable staff to assist you with planting and maintenance of your perennial garden
- our gardeners can also work side by side with you, teaching good gardening practices, plant identification and more
- design and planting of unusual and beautiful containers and planters for your window, porch or patio.
Our Tool Shed carries
- statuary and garden art
- garden globes and stands
- plant stands and trellises
- and much, much more.
- unusual gardening tools and equipment
- quality garden gloves
- organic fertilizers
- organic pest and disease controls
- organic soils and soil amendments
The Urban Gardener is also the place to go during the Christmas season for the most beautiful freshly-cut trees and fresh wreaths, garlands and greenery.
Be sure to click here to find out 'What's New! at The Urban Gardener.
Yes, it's true - after 18 years, we're ready to pass the baton:
Sorry, but we have decided to retire after a great 18 years. The garden center is for sale - we are currently represented by Tim Fabian at Coldwell Banker. Tim can be reached at email@example.com or 412.366.1600 x281.
If you or someone else you know wants to be the NEW Urban Gardener, let Tim know.
The Urban Gardener
1901 Brighton Road -- North Side
Mail: 1409 Monterey St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212